Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love at First Kate

From: Gleea@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 11:30:45 -0500
Subject: Re: Love at First Kate
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Mine was actually not quite love at first Kate.  Throughout my highschool
years (mid 80s) I generally respected her music, but it didn't really do
anything for me.

I remember one time in particular watching the video for "Wow" and being
somewhat put off by the whole experience.  I just didn't get it.

Until a couple years later, round about the age of 18 , I discovered _The
Kick Inside_.  Her music resonated through me.  I had a "click" experience by
which I realized that Kate's music was capable of moving through me like an
emotional and spiritual wave.  It's hard to pinpoint an exact song.  It was
more the whole experience of finding TKI at that particular stage in my life.
 I soon managed to procure a copy of all her albums to that date (about a
year prior to Sensual World) and there's been no turning back since.

This list/newsgroup has only further strengthened my devotion to Kate.

BTW, I'd like to publically thank all those whose contributions have lead to
my obtaining a copy of the astounding Love Hounds Collection.  In particular,
Thomas Estes, who sent me my copy a couple weeks ago.  Thanks you Thank you
Thank you!

I've seen almost all of it now.  (I have to wait for a time when my VCR
owning housemate is out of her room, otherwise I might have sat glued to the
screen for hours and days doing nothing but absorbing Her wonder.)  And all I
can say is, I'm simply squirming with glee!

Mmmmmmm Yesssssss ........

Lee in San Francisco