Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Which song (Kate Bush) ?

From: rbailey@minerva.cis.yale.edu (The Lost One)
Date: 15 Nov 1994 18:59:06 GMT
Subject: Re: Which song (Kate Bush) ?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
content-length: 909
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Esben Skovenborg (esskov@daimi.aau.dk) wrote:
: In which song does Kate Bush sing something like "Who will shelter me ?
: Its cold..." in the chorus ?  On what album ?    I haven't been able to find
: it in the file .../rec.music.gaffa/kb/lyrics/most-lyrics.ied.
: I'm sure everybody here except me can answer this :-)

Hmm...I think the only way anyone here would be able to answer this
question at all would be if they were a fan of Alison Moyet...I'm not
aware of any song with those lyrics by KaTe, but on Alison Moyet's album
HOODOO, the third track, and one of the most passionately despairing
songs I've ever heard, "This House," (written by Alison) contains those
lines in the chorus...
"Who will take your place?
 I can't face another day
 And who will shelter me?
 It's cold in here
 Cover me"
It's a pretty cool album, and not too hard to find...
I'm going back to lurking, now...

Narcissus