Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Which song (Kate Bush) ?

From: a94mikja@ida.his.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 94 12:40:31 +0100
Subject: Re: Which song (Kate Bush) ?
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
content-length: 1995

rbailey@minerva.cis.yale.edu (The Lost One) writes:

>sben Skovenborg (esskov@daimi.aau.dk) wrote:
>: In which song does Kate Bush sing something like "Who will shelter me ?
>: Its cold..." in the chorus ?  On what album ?    I haven't been able to find
>: it in the file .../rec.music.gaffa/kb/lyrics/most-lyrics.ied.
>: I'm sure everybody here except me can answer this :-)
>
>Hmm...I think the only way anyone here would be able to answer this
>question at all would be if they were a fan of Alison Moyet...I'm not
>aware of any song with those lyrics by KaTe, but on Alison Moyet's album
>HOODOO, the third track, and one of the most passionately despairing
>songs I've ever heard, "This House," (written by Alison) contains those
>lines in the chorus...

That matches up with the result of MY investigation. I checked The Garden,
and my (and Kimmo Lindman's) compilation of all Kate Bush lyrics (that we
got from Andrew Marvick and partially from Kimmo) and came up emptyhanded.
I checked for "cold" only, to make sure.

"The Lyrics of Kate Bush" that I have is basically a compilation made by
Andrew Marvick, with additions made my Kimmo Lindman. It has been edited,
and converted to Word for Windows (MS-Dos) format. It includes most lyrics
Kate ever made until spring 1994.

If you're interested in a copy, mail me. I can not guarantee that I have
the time to send it to all who request it, and because it's a document
for Word, you'll need the "Timpani" font. It comes in zipped format, and
will be uuencoded.

To Andrew Marvick:
  I'll wait for your approval before distributing that document. Mail me
privatly.

Mikael Jakonen             Music is like vintage wine. It keeps getting better
                           over the years, if those who made it knew how to
a94mikja@ida.his.se        make it right.