Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: NOT(No Kate On Top of the Pops)

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 17:21:59 GMT
Subject: Re: NOT(No Kate On Top of the Pops)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

In article <GTP10.94Nov18110513@bootes.cus.cam.ac.uk>,
gtp10@bootes.cus.cam.ac.uk (Dr G.T. Parks) writes:

> KaTe was indeed on TOTP yesterday. She performed ASIL with the assistance of
> two backing vocalists and a backing tape. Current TOTP rules require lead
> vocals to be performed live. It was hard to tell whether the BVs were also
> live - certainly they sounded a lot like KaTe.

I'm almost certain both Kate and the BVs were lip-syncing. Sounded
identical to the album/single recording. I guess "legends" (as the
presenter described her) are allowed to break the rules....

PS. Anybody else notice Kate giving the thumbs-up (at least I think
that's what it was 8-) to the audience right at the end?

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK.(+44 131 650 5978)