Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

NOT(No Kate On Top of the Pops)

From: jam@cs.city.ac.uk (Julie McCann)
Date: 15 Nov 1994 17:10:58 -0000
Subject: NOT(No Kate On Top of the Pops)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <9411141549.AA23056@wilco.psy.vu.nl> gmeij@psy.vu.nl (Gerard Meij) writes:

>Someone posted the news that Kate would appear in Top of the Pops next Thursday, but I'm afraid that's not true.

Hi again,

I just repeated what I heard (or at least thought I heard - I'm suprised no one
else has posted also - so I may have misheard).  If I misheard why did they say
that she hasn't been on TOTP for 16 years...... -pause- wait a minute!

 {brain wave in the middle of my typing - why don't I just phone the BBC?}

OK I've just phoned the BBC and I got the following recorded message...The
following artists are appearing on Top of the Pops on Thrusday 17 November:
MPeople, Suade, Blur......others....Sharon Crowe, Kate Bush.

If the 16 years is wrong, blame the BBC's incorrect information.

Love
Jules.

ps. sure I knew I wasn't hearing things....I'm not mad.
PPS get your videos on.