Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rate Kate

From: Connie Lofton <Connie_Lofton@sonymusic.com>
Date: 22 Sep 94 13:15:21 CS
Subject: Rate Kate
To: love-hounds <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

As a 12-year Kate fan (though not as well-versed in all things Bush as most are
here on r.m.g! :-)), I'd like to ask people to rate the seven Kate albums (not
counting "The Whole Story", of course) in order of preference.  I have a sense
of where most people would put certain albums on the list, but who knows?  It
might be an eye-opener!   To get the ball rolling, here's my list:

1.  Hounds Of Love -- I still rue EMI for not ensuring Kate won an Album of the
Year Grammy for this.
                                          Flawless, and the best-sounding CD
ever!
2.  The Dreaming --  a close second.  Fantastic production, great songs.
3.  Never For Ever -- Just for "The Infant Kiss" and "The Wedding List" alone.
4.  The Red Shoes -- I lo-o-ove this album.  Kate up close and personal.
5.  The Kick Inside --  The first is the best for many, but I prefer a little
more maturity
6.  The Sensual World -- Probably a surprise, but the production on this album
still bothers me                   7.  Lionheart   --   The runt of the
litter.  Actually not terrible, but way, way, WAY too slick.

All right, Love-Hounds!  Any takers?   Comments on choices appreciated (though
not required).  Extra credit goes to those who care to list their top (or even
bottom) five Kate tracks.

Looking forward to some interesting reading,

Connie