Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Rate Kate

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 94 22:20:59 GMT
Subject: Re: Rate Kate
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cc.rochester.edu

In <9409221929.AA4563@notes.worldcom.com> Connie_Lofton@sonymusic.com (Connie Lofton) writes:

>As a 12-year Kate fan (though not as well-versed in all things Bush as most are
>here on r.m.g! :-)), I'd like to ask people to rate the seven Kate albums (not
>counting "The Whole Story", of course) in order of preference.  I have a sense

See, I would do this, but I can't really find a good criterion.  I have
several different orders, based on:

* which albums I'm usually in the mood for
* which albums I find most interesting in some semi-objective way
* which albums I find most interesting in some subjective way
* which albums I find most clever
* which albums I find most aurally pleasant
* which albums I find most aurally interesting
* which albums I find most lyrically pleasant
* which albums I find most lyrically interesting

and the list goes on, and I really don't know where to begin at combining
these into an "overall" category.

With other artists this is sort of easier.  Sarah McLachlan's latest album
has a slight edge with me, followed just *slightly* by Touch, then just
*slightly* by Solace.  With Loreena McKennitt, the order is The Visit, Mask
and Mirror, Elemental, and everything else.  With Robyn Hitchcock, it's Eye
first off, followed by lots of the rest.  But with Kate, it's hard to pick.

NFE, TD, and HoL occupy one tier.  Then come TSW and TRS, followed by TKI
and L in the last tier.  The B-sides scatter through there, with some of the
B-sides (Burning Bridge and Under the Ivy) possibly bumping albums from the
top spot.

Is my Katefanhood weird?

Drewcifer
--
Andrew D. Simchik, as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu, simchik@cs.rochester.edu
| "words weren't made for cowards" -- Happy Rhodes  |  Tree of Schnopia  |