Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Early Kate Bush video issues

From: willslvr@xnet.com (Will E. Silver)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 1994 07:34:12 GMT
Subject: Re: Early Kate Bush video issues
To: uunet!rec-music-gaffa
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@quake.xnet.com
Sender: news@amiserv.chi.il.us

In article <GTP10.94Aug17114943@bootes.cus.cam.ac.uk> gtp10@cus.cam.ac.uk (Dr G.T. Parks) writes:
>Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 06:50:01 -0400
>From: gtp10@cus.cam.ac.uk (Dr G.T. Parks)
>Subject: Re: Early Kate Bush video issues

>IED0DXM@aol.com writes:

>>> Chris already has (from me with the much
>>> appreciated help of Tim Cook
>>> Couriers) a recording of KaTe's Top Of The Pops
>>> debut performance of WH,
>>> so that's available for inclusion too.
>>>
>>> -- Geoff Parks
>>
>> IED has been in a state of confusion about Kate's
>> "debut" performance of WH  ever since he first
>> read about it in Peter FitzGerald-Morris's chronology
>> in Kate Bush Complete.

I remember.. in the ancient mysts of the last decade (81-82 something like
that)... way back when there were so few videos, MTV used to play the same
ones every six or seven hours... I remember seeing Kate in a indian motif for
"Running Up that Hill"... it was THE FIRST TIME I'D EVER SAW HER. I remember
some back up persons, 5 or 6, with flag and one man with a snare drum...
beating out the ryhmm... brat-bratta-brat bratta-bratta-brat-brat... and Kate
being KATE. I was just coming down off that when, no lie, I turn on USA and
their running the Kate Interview. IT was edited as I remember but I saw most
of Cloudbusting, very very cool... I would SO MUCH like to have that Top of
the Pops visit, I just didn't have my VCR together at the time.

Will