Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MisK.

From: gtp10@cus.cam.ac.uk (Dr G.T. Parks)
Date: 21 Aug 1994 11:01:24 GMT
Subject: Re: MisK.
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
content-length: 1134
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

s0pdfm@assam.exnet.com (P D Fitzgerald-Morris) writes:

>> IED recently posted a detailed (though, it seems, still too vague)
>> description of the dilemma into which the issue of Top of the Pops
>> "Wuthering Heights" performances has plunged him.
>>
>> -- Andrew Marvick (IED)
>
> Hello All,
>
> For her first appearance on TOTP back in 1978 - which I saw at the time -
> Kate was wearing slacks or tights. The clips under discussion here are from
> her later appearances, principally the four weeks she was at no.1
>
> I have a date of 16 Feb 1978 for the first appearance. The other appearances
> were in March - 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th - I think!

Hmmm... KaTe was absolutely definitely not at #1 on the show I taped off UK
Gold - there was a chart rundown at the top of the show - so, if what PDFM
says here is correct, it was her debut performance. It may be that the show's
original date of airing is revealed on it, but I can't check this myself
because Chris has the tape now.

I could have sworn KaTe was wearing a dark gown, but I guess if the slacks
were baggy enough they could look like a gown...

Geoff Parks