Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MisK.

From: s0pdfm@assam.exnet.com (P D Fitzgerald-Morris)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 19:51:41 GMT
Subject: Re: MisK.
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9408190110.tn117010@aol.com> IED0DXM@aol.com writes:

>IED recently posted a detailed (though, it seems, still too vague)
>description of the dilemma into which the issue of Top of the Pops "Wuthering
>Heights" performances has plunged him.
>
> -- Andrew Marvick (IED)

Hello All,

For her first appearance on TOTP back in 1978 - which I saw at the time - Kate
was wearing slacks or tights. The clips under discussion here are from her
later appearances, principally the four weeks she was at no.1

I have a date of 16 Feb 1978 for the first appearance. The other appearances
were in March - 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th - I think!

Whilst I'm here can I say I find the "Fastnet" theory regarding "The Ninth
Wave" fascinating and convincing. Congrats to those involved in the research.

Now to the famous "Flexipop" article, alledgedly by Kate which has been
mentionedto arouse some doubt over Kate's date and place of birth. This article
has always seemed somewhat odd to us. On the whole it seems convincing as a
piece by Kate, but it does make some very odd mistakes. Perhaps it was
transcribed from an audio tapeKate made or something, and got garbled in
the process. We all remember "Nice to Swallow". Kate was born on 30th July
1958 in Bexleyheath Maternity Hospital. Believe it!

No news for the moment, though we're hoping to hear about another single
any moment.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
H  Peter FitzGerald-Morris       H     H   GGGGGGG     "Have       H
H  direct from                   H     H   G            the walls  H
H  HOMEGROUND TOWERS             HHHHHHH   G    GG      got        H
H  now via                       H     H   G     G      ears       H
H  s0pdfm@exnet.co.uk            H     H   GGGGGGG      here...?"  H
H                                                                  H
H         HOMEGROUND - THE INTERNATIONAL KATE BUSH FANZINE         H
H            PO Box 176 Orpington BR5 3NA Kent England             H
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH