Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Big screen, little screen

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 94 16:21:17 PDT
Subject: Big screen, little screen
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia) innocently asks:

>Before I open a flamewar, I'll ask the question neutrally.

>What were people's opinions of TLTCTC?

*I* thought it was wonderful, but I know *YOU* would hate it since you
seem to loathe all things even remotely connected with Kate.

(In a seperate posting, Drew blathers some more):
>>In <9408190110.tn117010@aol.com> IED0DXM@aol.com writes:

>>Jerome Chan asks:  "You mean Kate did all the music for the
>>Fruitopia/psychedelic ads?"

>>Yes, Jerome, she did.  IED personally is disappointed that the prospect of
>>nine miniature Kate Bush musical jewels flitting through the U.S. airwaves
>>has sparked so little enthusiasm in this group.  IED certainly hopes some of

>That might be because the ads themselves are pretentious, unclued, obnoxious
>crap.  I'm really saddened that Kate played a hand in them...but on the
>bright side, maybe she saved them from being utterly horrible.

Hey, they were my some of my favorite current ads on teevee even before I
found out Kate's involvement.  Of course, this comes with a MAJOR qualifier
"My favorite teevee ad" holds as much strength (or lack thereof) as "My
favorite Michael Bolton song" or "The Republican I respect the most".  In
other words, they ARE pretentious, unclued, obnoxious crap, but LESS APPALLING
than 99% of the unclued, obnoxious crap out there.  If they got rid of the
faux-new-age-meets-gen-x captions (aimed at folks like me who hit mute when
any advertisement comes on), it would be more bearable.  I kinda *LIKE* the
kalaidascope fruit stuff.

- Stev0 the radio star

"Reading's a bore!  Watch teevee more!" - Tom Tomorrow