Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Big screen, little screen

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 94 14:36:13 GMT
Subject: Re: Big screen, little screen
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cc.rochester.edu

In <9408192321.AA27019@bugs.TQS.COM> steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin) writes:

>From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia) innocently asks:

>>Before I open a flamewar, I'll ask the question neutrally.

>>What were people's opinions of TLTCTC?

>*I* thought it was wonderful, but I know *YOU* would hate it since you
>seem to loathe all things even remotely connected with Kate.

<Drew peers around, searching desperately for the smiley>

Um...I do?

>other words, they ARE pretentious, unclued, obnoxious crap, but LESS APPALLING
>than 99% of the unclued, obnoxious crap out there.  If they got rid of the

Well, maybe as long as you include the Hanes ads in that 1%...yum.  ;)

>faux-new-age-meets-gen-x captions (aimed at folks like me who hit mute when
>any advertisement comes on), it would be more bearable.  I kinda *LIKE* the
>kalaidascope fruit stuff.

It could be worse, I'll admit...I guess I felt that the text was the
irritating part.  It would've been cooler just to show the product and leave
it at that.  :)

Drewcifer

--
Andrew D. Simchik, as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu, simchik@cs.rochester.edu
| "words weren't made for cowards" -- Happy Rhodes  |  Tree of Schnopia  |