Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Free use, free thinking ("The Man I Love")

From: llovich@aol.com (Llovich)
Date: 20 Aug 1994 20:00:08 -0400
Subject: Re: Free use, free thinking ("The Man I Love")
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@aol.net

In article <01HG43WOSPA491WNYB@delphi.com>, METH@delphi.com (THE
OLIVE-LOAF VIGILANTE) writes:

>Speaking of watching vigilantly, I find it astounding that there was NO
RESPONSE
>WHATSOEVER to Karen's report that "The Man I Love" is #27 on the
BillboarD
> charts.  Which chart is this?  If it's the mainstream singles chart,
wouldn't
>that make it Kate's biggest charting in the U.S.?  Or did I misread the
post?

Well, I sort-of remember the original post and yes, it would be a
monumental deal if Kate broke the U.S. top forty. But "The Man I Love"
chart position in question is the U.K. one. The LP won't be out in the
U.S. till October (or is it late Sept.?). Anyway, there's your "lack of
response" ... or could it be there's no response because it's a pretty
banal single (OK ... I said ... I can take the attacks).

Vanceman