Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Free use, free thinking, and free ratings

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 94 14:47:30 GMT
Subject: Re: Free use, free thinking, and free ratings
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cc.rochester.edu

In <01HG43WOSPA491WNYB@delphi.com> METH@delphi.com (THE OLIVE-LOAF VIGILANTE) writes:

>I wrote to John DiLiberto of Echoes to ask whether or not they were aware that
>one of the songs they used in the background of their interview with Kate was
>a bootleg demo, and he said yes, but since the recording exists in the public
>domain it was perfectly okay for them to broadcast it under the provisions of
>"fair use".  Since TNW exists (legally, no less :) in the public domain, I
>would imagine your use of it for a performance would also fall under fair use,
>so long as nothing is being charged for the performance.

It does?  Really?  Wow!  How's that?

>Besides, who the hell is going to know?  :)

<grin>  Yes, well, regardless of what Stev0 may have concluded, KaTe is
still my Number One Goddess Supreme on High (even though I fidgeted all the
way through TLTCTC), and I don't want to get thunderbolted or something.  :)

>I think the visuals on the Fruitopia ads are annoying, but who needs to look
>when all you have to do is close your eyes and listen?  I think I've seen 4 of

Ahhh, *there's* the trick!

Drewcifer
--
Andrew D. Simchik, as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu, simchik@cs.rochester.edu
| "words weren't made for cowards" -- Happy Rhodes  |  Tree of Schnopia  |