Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: fruitopia

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 94 14:37:17 GMT
Subject: Re: fruitopia
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cc.rochester.edu

In <332c73$5nu@cyberspace.com> boxer@cyberspace.com (Brian Clayton) writes:

>At the risk of being flamed...
>I hate to say it,but I like the fruitopia commercials.

No, that's okay, you can like them.  :)

I think the reason I don't like them is that I'm so obviously *supposed* to
like them, and I don't.  It's like MTV's gawd-awful attempts to be cool
which *worked* ten years ago and don't even come close these days.

>Selling out or not, I still like anything she does.

Just to be clear...I don't consider her to have "sold out".  I sometimes
think I wouldn't hate advertising so much if more talented people were
involved.

"Dialing zero to call collect / Is worse than processed cheese-o..."

In the immortal words of that most mighty of tin friends, Tom Servo: "Is it
too early to KILL myself?"

Drewcifer
--
Andrew D. Simchik, as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu, simchik@cs.rochester.edu
	FRANK (deadpan): "My name is Bond.  Frank Bond."