Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: congrats and a book

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 23:51 CDT
Subject: Re: congrats and a book
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Bradley N. Hutchinson writes:
> Second:  I just re-read Charles DeLint's (under the
>name Samuel  M Key)_Angel  of Darkness_--it's summer and I have time.
>My thought that he
>based the story on Kate's Experiment IV was further validated
>by the fact that someone in the book is wearing a Kate Bus th
>tour tee-shirt.  Which leads me to the question: were there
>tour shirts for the on outing?  And has anyone other than James
>Joyce attempted to do a novel based on one of Kate's songs?  :)

   An old friend, and fellow rabid Kate Fan, the SF writer Mike
Weaver (Mercedes Nights, My Father Immortal) is a friend of Charles
DeLint. He has mentioned that Charles is a *big* Kate Fan. Mike went
to the Canadian BushCon in 1984 and went with us to New York to meet
Kate in 1985. Some here may remember his contributions to
_Breakthrough_.

   A couple of interesting points; Mike wrote to Peter Reich (_A Book
Of Dreams_, the inspiration for _Cloudbusting_) asking for an interview.
He didn't get the interview, but he did talk to Peter's agent. She asked
Mike to send her some of his work, and she became Mike's agent. The
other funny thing - Mike's wife is named Angel, and she *always* dresses
in black.

   I've never seen a tour T-shirt. Peter DF-M?

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)