Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: aKTual KaTe KonTent (re: single)

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 4 May 94 12:24 CDT
Subject: Re: aKTual KaTe KonTent (re: single)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1994May3.214901.5650@k12.ucs.umass.edu> you write:

>In a previous article, jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka) says:
>

>	I think the two-part "Red Shoes" is a pretty shameful piece of
>marketing. (I don't buy the argument that the HoL tracks serve as a promotion
>of her earlier records for newcomers, as someone suggested once). "Red
>Shoes" along with "Alchemy" and "Shoedance" would have made a perfect CD
>single. Moreover, if they're going to release a "two-cd set" they might at
>least package them in such a way that they *look* like a set together.  At
>least the two imports (England) I bought don't match:  the jewel boxes are
>of different design (one is thin, with the disc visible, the other is like a
>normal "LP" release).  Also the color schemes and graphics of the two discs
>don't really work as a pair.  This is, of course, external to the music and
>may seem petty, but it still bothers me.

    Take a careful look at the thicker jewelbox. Open it up and place
your fingers under the left edge of the black insert portion and pull up.
It's a "thin-line" double CD pack. You'll find another place to put the
second CD. Ta-da.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)