Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Re: TRS: Very Sad?

From: i23mikja@ida.his.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 94 18:46:27 +0200
Subject: Re: Re: TRS: Very Sad?
To: love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

jrp@accint.com writes:

>I *beg* to differ. I would say she is strictly saying Life
>and Love can have it's ups and downs and you have to hold onto
>the ups during the downs.

I beg an apology. I was a bit vague in pointing out my wiew.
I didn't mean to critisize neither KaTe nor the person who wrote
the original article (I'm sorry but I don't recall your name, and the
digests has accidently been deleted)
What I wanted to say was that once you've learned to "switch off" the
influence of "prime- and petty emotions" you'll be able to wiew the world
in a wider perspective (and so forth...).
That doesn't stop me from recognizing the beauty in arts such as music,
poetry, paintings, theater etc.

I do appreciate TRS, and I think that Big Stripy Lie, And so is Love,
The Red Shoes and Why Should I Love You  very well qualifies among her
top fifteen songs along with Big Sky(metrological mix), Hammer Horror,
In Search for Peter Pan, Under Ice and Egypt...

Mikael Jakonen                                      That cloud looks like snow

i23mikja@gandalf.his.se                                  Live Long and Prosper