Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Koanheads

From: am672@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (David J. Zimmerly)
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 1994 00:35:59 -0500
Subject: Re: The Koanheads
To: <rec-music-gaffa@math.waterloo.edu>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca

In a previous article, craddock@ccu1.auckland.ac.nz (Mark Craddock) says:

>Excuse me but this sounds like a eulogy, shes not dead and buried yet is
>she.
>I actually like TRS sure its not divine inspiration like NfE or TNW. But
>its at
>least as good as TSW which IMHO is a very good album. Some people are
>showing their age or senile dementia.
>
>BTW Happy Rhodes is awesome.
>Mark Craddock                      |  'University kills intellect by
>Department of Engineering Science  |     degrees'   Andrew Davies
>University of Auckland             |
>New Zealand                        |  craddock@ccu1.auckland.ac.nz

Perhaps you misunderstood the intent of my posting, which was simply to
share a nostalgic moment, not to eulogize dear Kate, who I understand is
still very much alive (though as elusive as ever). As for the issue of
age and/or dementia, it is true that I am old enough to have given-up counting
grey hairs, and I do sometimes misplace my car keys, but I also continue to
listen to anything by Kate and many other more-or-less kindred spirits
like Cocteau Twins, Jane Siberry, Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, Dead Can
Dance, Loreena McKennit, Mae Moore and, God love her, even Bjork! I am
anxiously awaiting my first taste of this Happy Rhodes individual, but it
has been difficult getting more than a bovine-like Hnnh? out of my local
CD proprietor. I'm afraid I'll have to resort to the dreaded "special
order" if I don't have better luck soon.

All this to say, yes, I know it's 1994, not 1978. Kate does too. But think
about this: only five more shopping years 'till the big four-oh Katemas!