Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Koanheads

From: Mark Craddock <craddock@ccu1.auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 1994 23:29:24 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: The Koanheads
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <CLCusK.py@freenet.carleton.ca> David J. Zimmerly,
am672@FreeNet.Carleton.CA writes:
>If anyone out there dares to remember what a disco wasteland
>we were living in then, they will surely recall how remarkably
>DIFFERENT and refreshing this new artist was. I had just received my
>first pair of decent headphones for Christmas and was anxious to try them
>out on some worthy music. This guy on our floor had just bought this
>"great new album" after experiencing it himself for the first time when a
>date of his brought her copy over to "entertain" them...He lent me the
>album and I was immediately hooked. It was like coming out of musical
>purgatory.

Excuse me but this sounds like a eulogy, she's not dead and buried yet is
she.
I actually like TRS sure its not divine inspiration like NfE or TNW. But
its at least as good as TSW which IMHO is a very good album. Some people
are showing their age or senile dementia.

BTW and totally unrelated Happy Rhodes is a god.
Mark Craddock                      |  'University kills intellect by
Department of Engineering Science  |     degrees'   Andrew Davies
University of Auckland             |
New Zealand                        |  craddock@ccu1.auckland.ac.nz