Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Koanheads

From: dfleenor@nettech.com (super dave?)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 1994 11:15:05 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: The Koanheads
To: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

> Scene:  Feudal Japan.
>
> A young acolyte approaches the local Zen Master for the day's lesson.
>
> "Master, what is the greatest acheivement in human history?  What is the
> pinnacle of human creation?"
>
> The Zen Master smiled serenely, and said, "That would be 'The Dreaming',
> by Kate Bush."
>
> "Master, WHY is The Dreaming the pinnacle of human creation?"
>
> The Master was shocked by the sheer audacity of the question.  "The
> same reason the sky is blue!"  he finally answered.
>
> The student thought about this, and finally an enlightened look came
> across his face.  "I see.  It just IS.  We should just accept what is as
> what is."
>
> The Master quickly corrected him.  "No, it is refraction.  That is why
> the sky is blue.  That is also why The Dreaming is the greatest acheivement
> in human history."
>
> The student was thus enlightened.
>
> - Stev0 the profit
>
> "Moof, there it is!" - Snoop Doggy Dogcow

The real version:

Scene:  Feudal Japan.

A young acolyte approaches the local Zen Master for the day's lesson.

"Master, what is the greatest acheivement in human history?  What is the
pinnacle of human creation?"

The Zen Master smiled serenely, and said, "That would be 'The Dreaming',
by Kate Bush."

The young acolyte then proceded to smack the Zen Master in the head with a
2 by 4.

When the Zen Master woke up, the young acolyte was holding a copy of 'Never
For Ever'.

The young acolyte smiled. "Thus endeth the lesson", he quipped.

-Super Dave, philosopher at large.

"Whoomp, I'm in jail!" - Snoop Doggy Convict