Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Dreaming

From: RIDLEY@ZASU.SPRL.UMICH.EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 1994 16:33:08 -0500 (EST)
Subject: The Dreaming
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@uunet.UU.NET

I Love The Dreaming.
Lately it has been my favorite Kate Bush Album.
Why?

I love life
             so I pull out the pin.

All of the songs are about someone or something. She puts herself into other
people's shoes and writes about what it is like being there. It is ther only
album that I have ever listened to where the person singing is a soldier,
a cat burgler, a swollow, Houdini's wife and a mule.

It has sadness and anger.

The two emotions which I can relate to best.

I don't know why I'm crying ... am I suspended in Gaffa?

I'm scared of the changes.

Doesn't this song just make you stop what you're doing and listen?

Can I have it all now?

Doesn't she sound like a swallow when she sings "Tonight is the night of the
flight, before you know I'll be over the ocean"? Her voice "flaps" in the
breeze.                                  ^^^^^ <- water like a swallow.

Get Out Of My House has been one of my favorites for a LONG time. I love this
song. Even If you don't know what the hell she's singing, her sadness and anger
is enough compell you to FEEL.

Anyway...

Aaron
ridley@zasu.sprl.umich.edu