Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: December WBMA in the USA

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 1994 22:08:00 +0100
Subject: Re: December WBMA in the USA
To: freeform@aol.com
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi Charles and the rest,

Charles wrote:
> published in the USA. It was, on the B-side of the 12" of Experiment IV,
> together with Wuthering Heights (new vocal).<<<
>
> I had wondered about an Experiment IV 12", but according to the _Illustrated
> Collector's Guide to Kate Bush_ book, that single wasn't released in the
> USA...

Well, guess it's time to recognize that the Illustrated Collector's Guide,
as fine a resource it is, it isn't perfect. It doesn't contain all and
every item ever released with Kate Bush on it, going through it even I had
about 100 discs that were not listed in it. Anyhow, I'm looking straight
at the following discography entry which came into existence by looking
at the real thing that's right now lying before me:

Experiment IV
    1986 (Ocbober 27)
12" EMI America                       USA/USA          V-19228
    Plastic

        Kate Bush - Experiment IV                              16:24
          1) Experiment IV (long version)                       6:38
          2) Wuthering Heights (new vocal)                      4:56
          3) December will be Magic again                       4:50

Which tells me the following:

Experiment IV was released on October 27, 1986 (in UK, but anyway)
There is a 12" vinyl maxi single.
By EMI America
The cover has 'made in USA' or equivalent on it
The disc also has 'made in USA' or equivalent on it
The order number is V-19228
The inner sleeve is made out of plastic
The following defaults apply:
    picture sleeve
    small hole (instead of the big one found in many 7" singles)
    grey label (that is a label with dark-to-light gray background, black
        printing, rainbow EMI America and silver-brown EMI AMERICA logos on it)
The track listing is - well, see above ;-).

Guess that counts as an US release...

Bye,

Uli

--
An EMACS missionary is brooding over a problem, obviously puzzled. A VI
disciple comes along, sees his facial expression, and says: "Ctrl-x Ctrl-c ..."