Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate boot

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 1994 22:44:00 +0100
Subject: Re: Kate boot
To: dfleenor@nettech.com (super dave?)
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi,

Super dave says:
> Don't know if anyone else out there has already commented on this...I picked
> up a CD at a record show this weekend called "Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel -

> Angels On Earth (Live In Europe 1979). It's basically the Xmas Special

> soundtrack on CD in horrid quality. It seems like it was recorded at a slower
> speed, too, because it's slower than normal on my CD player. Wasn't this
> released in some other incarnation before?

The Xmas special was released on several bootleg LPs, sometimes (always?)
as part of a 2 LP set with the Hammersmith soundtrack on the other disc, but not
on any CD besides the Angels On Earth one. Yes, sound quality sucks, but
I have a video tape of the Christmas show that beats it by far ;-)...

The CD is 44:31 long, while the videos are about 43 minutes, so your ear might
be right with the slower speed.

Bye,

Uli

--
An EMACS missionary is brooding over a problem, obviously puzzled. A VI
disciple comes along, sees his facial expression, and says: "Ctrl-x Ctrl-c ..."