Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: USENET News System <news@marlin.jcu.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 17:42:51 +1000
To: uunet!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: lynn@coral.cs.jcu.edu.au (Lynn Alford)
Subject: Re: Lots o Stuff
Sender: news@marlin.jcu.edu.au (USENET News System)
Date:  3 Feb 94 07:35:32 GMT

In <NESSUS.94Jan31145844@twitch.mit.edu> nessus@mit.edu (Douglas Alan) writes:

>In article <9401300602.AAwbau03547@relay1.UU.NET>
>CS6347@ACSPR1.acs.brockport.edu writes:

>>   Before I forget I would like to forward a possible interpretation of
>>   Song of Solomon, A friend of mine said to me that he heard some people
>>   talking about the song as if it was directed toward Kate fan(atics):
>>   "Don't want your bullshit, yeah
>>   Just want your sexuality
>>   Don't want your excuses. yeah
>>   Write me your poetry in motion
>>   Write it just for me, yeah
>>   And sign it with a kiss"

>fans.  The words are being sung to a lover and to put it in plain
>terms are saying, "Stop being a geek and put your dick in me.  Fuck
>me, and fuck me good."  I would have thought these lines would be
>pretty straight forward.

Umm, as a female, I'd put a much wider interpretation on sexuality.  I
would say kissing, cuddling, fondling would all be part of poetry in
motion.  But this, as they say is, IMHO.

>By the way, Kate used the key as a strong symbol long before any overt
>Prince influence.  On *The Dreaming*, every song has locks or keys as
>a subtext.  The front and back covers of *The Dreaming* make a key the
>most important thing.

Every song?  I had better listen again, don't remember a key in the
Dreaming or Pull Out the Pin.

Lynn
--
lynn@coral.cs.jcu.edu.au     | Give me life, give me pain,