Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ALain Stivell

From: denneuli@lifl.fr (denneulin yves)
Date: 3 Feb 1994 07:52:38 GMT
Subject: Re: ALain Stivell
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article a100000@atlas.cs.upei.ca, fmcquarr@upei.ca (Fiona McQuarrie) writes:
>According to the February Q magazine, Ms. Kate appears on Alain Stivell's
>new record [fiona kicking self for not remembering title] - has anyone
>heard it, or does anyone know anything about it?

This album is called "Again" and is made from old songs re-recorded. Kate
participates on one of them(backing vocals and keyboards). If you have
trouble to find it I can give you the complete reference(I think Alan is
well distributed in the US now).

Speaking of Alan Stivell I saw him in concert a couple of weeks ago (I hoped
for a godly appearance but it didn't happen:-). It was a good concert.
I met a guy there who told me that Kate and Alan have recorded enough stuff
to make a complete LP, that they wanted to publish it but EMI veto-ed against
it (I doubt this, knowing the artistic freedom kate has in EMI,  she must
have thought the songs weren't good enough).
The same guy told me that copies of the Kate/Gabriel sessions were in circulation
among fans. Anyone here have them ?

Perfection [hoo-dee-ni] : See Kate Bush