Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: UK CD

From: arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU (Alex Gibbs)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 13:29:09 -0500
Subject: Re: UK CD

dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford) writes:
> Suspended In Duct Tape (METH@delphi.com) wrote:
..
> : people are talking about with the dancing on flaming skulls bit.  I find it
> : quite disconcerting that she's got such a gleeful grin on her face whilst
> : doing that- am I alone in this?
>
> Meredith, you are not alone.  I mentioned this in a post several weeks ago
> because it was terribly poignant, my wife and I just having scattered the
> ashes of our baby boy who died on 13th Nov.  I am not sure what this image
> has to do with the sentiment of the song.  It is rather contrary to what
> I feel when I hear the song.  Is Kate just being bizarre?

I haven't seen the image but have heard it described several times.  I
can only guess that the following lines from MoP may relate to it:

    Just being alive
    It can really hurt
    And these moments given
    Are a gift from time

The picture conveys her finding a moment of pleasure by dancing, even
in the midst of the pain and death that come from being alive.
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?