Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Lily" and religious references

From: sgs5332@cs.rit.edu (Stephen G Siener)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 15:48:39 -0500
Subject: Re: "Lily" and religious references

In article <NESSUS.93Dec27120003@twitch.mit.edu> nessus@twitch.mit.edu (Douglas Alan) writes:
>In article <m0pDKXG-000ilqC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu>
>chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:
>
>>   Several people have used this "research" as an excuse to pour
>>   hundreds of lines of nonsense verbage only tangentally related to
>>   the song onto rec.music.gaffa.
>
>The only tangentially Kate-related excess verbiage I have seen
>recently is by one Chris Williams, who insists on trying to cram his
>religious views down everyone else's throat.

[Stuff deleted]

>Long tirades on whether specific (or general) religious views are
>correct is *NOT* appropriate in this forum.

Here, here!  For one who doesn't believe in God, Chris, you should question
believing in yourself, for surely someone who assumes omniscience in such
matters is espousing godlike characteristics himself.

Steve (the agnostic)

** The difference between atheists and agnostics is that agnostics are smart
enough to realize that there are some things that _can_ never and _will_
never be proved or disproved--so they don't waste time debating over it! **

From: silo@aol.com  Wed Dec 29 16:26:32 1993
From: silo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 16:24:02 -0500
Subject: Re: Stupid "panties" phrase

Vickie writes:

>>Don't get your panties in an uproar.
>
>Where did this silly phrase come from? SNL? The first time I heard it
>in rec.music.gaffa was courtesy of Cynthia Rosas in 1991 (I think) and
>I keep hearing it over and over again. I'd really like to know where it
>originated.

I seem to remember seeing it in Ghostbusters.

--Mike Knight