Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Lily" and religious references

From: nessus@twitch.mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1993 12:00:25 -0500
Subject: Re: "Lily" and religious references
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@media.mit.edU (USENET News System)

In article <m0pDKXG-000ilqC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu>
chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:

>   Several people have used this "research" as an excuse to pour
>   hundreds of lines of nonsense verbage only tangentally related to
>   the song onto rec.music.gaffa.

The only tangentially Kate-related excess verbiage I have seen
recently is by one Chris Williams, who insists on trying to cram his
religious views down everyone else's throat.

I will assert again what the charter of this group states: This group
is for discussion of Kate's and others' music and art, any background
that might be interesting to someone trying to understand the art,
interpretations of the art, etc.  Background information on the Lesser
Banishing Ritual invoked in Kate's song "Lily" *is* quite appropriate
given this charter.

Long tirades on whether specific (or general) religious views are
correct is *NOT* appropriate in this forum.

Your humble ex-pseudomoderator,

--
<nessus@mit.edu>