Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Lily" and religious references

From: nessus@mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1993 11:39:59 -0500
Subject: Re: "Lily" and religious references
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@media.mit.edu (USENET News System)

  |>oug>  So, does anyone know how it came to be that Jewish angels
  |>oug>  made their way into pagan spells?  Or is it the other way
  |>oug>  around?

  Joe Zitt>  From what I've seen, it looks like Regardie, et al,
  Joe Zitt>  managed to read just enough of Jewish materials (as well
  Joe Zitt>  as a tad of Tibetan and a garnish of gnosticism) to be
  Joe Zitt>  able to mix it in. It's clearly Jewish angels being
  Joe Zitt>  imported into Paganism, as all the names are originally in
  Joe Zitt>  Hebrew.

How does this incorporation of angels into paganism work?  Who do the
angels now work for?  Do they now have a different boss?  Or have they
been emancipated?

   <nessus@mit.edu>