Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Who do the angels work for? Huh?

From: nessus@mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 12:02:18 -0500
Subject: Re: Who do the angels work for? Huh?

In article <m0pEuiU-0002B7C@grex.cyberspace.org> robh@cyberspace.org
(Robert Henderson) writes:

>   The Ritual has its origins in the Golden Dawn/ Western mysteries
>   tradition, which has little to do with Wicca.

>   And seeing Israel Regardie referred to as a pagan literally made me
>   laugh.  Regardie was (I'm pretty sure) a member of the Golden Dawn,
>   and spent some time as Aleister Crowley's personal secretary, but he
>   was never a Witch.  If anything, his writings take a rather condescending
>   tone toward organized religions of any sort.

>   So, for one last time, let me repeat - this is not a Wiccan ritual,
>   the Angels in the song "Lily" still work for their old boss You-Know-
>   Who.

So, how does this "Golden Dawn/Western Mysteries" religion work?  Is
it a variant of Judaism?  Or Christianity?  Spells can be cast by
demanding them of angels?  Can they be cast from one's own magical
energies or only by requesting them from a devine entity?

Or are the rituals more like prayers, which may or may not be heard by
the angels?

   <nessus@mit.edu>