Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-49 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Is Kate goofy?

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 93 17:42:23 PST
Subject: Is Kate goofy?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi there-

In the past, Kate has songs that either mention or are heavily influenced
by - how should I put it - weirdos.  Gurdjieff, Reich, "Strange Phenomena",
etc.  And now apparently "Lily" is based on something by the biggest
weirdo of all, Alister Crowley.

My question:  Does Kate actually BELIEVE this stuff?  Or does she just think
it's a good basis for a song?  I mean, I don't believe in Orogones any
more than I do, say, the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or God, yet I think
"Cloudbusting" is a great song.  Is that how Kate looks at it?  Or is
she goofy?  (Unfortunately, all evidence points this way, yet there is
always hope...)

ON OTHER NOTES:

There is a scathing review of TRS in last week's Advocate, but I'm not
going to bother to type it in 'cause it's so horrible.  A lot of folks
here poo-poo TRS 'cause they wanted HOL part II.  This guy's upset 'cause
it's not TKI Part II!  He must have HATED The Dreaming.  Jerk.

Count me in as yet another who acknowledges Never For Ever's perfection.
Yeah, TD's better, but we're just picking nits here...

Kate in the Top 40?  Yaaay!

I don't care if the Grammy folks don't give TRS it's much-deserved "Best
Album" award.  These are a bunch of Bozos who awarded Milli Vanilli and
gave Jethro Tull "Best Heavy Metal Band" award.  It's almost an INSULT to
be nominated by these kneebiters.

Ask me about my Kate mousepad.

Aren't you depressed that they cancelled "Cop Rock", so now no one will
sing anything from TRS there.  On a related note, let's all mourn the
passing of The Hat Squad, Mann & Machine, and Small Wonder.

She still is!  I never doubted it for a microsecond!

- Stev0 the weirdo

"The Happy Fandom has no right to bitch."  - Motto of Happy Rhodes fanclub