Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: kt bush band

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 93 22:14 CST
Subject: Re: kt bush band
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Uli asked:
>>>What I always wonder, is there anyone on r.m.gaffa who has seen one of these
>>>KT Bush Band pub appearances?

Woj answered:
>>dunno if anyone saw them live, but you can see at least one on video.
>>one of the selections on the video bootleg, "the collection," is a pub
>>performance of "them heavy people" by the KT bush band. quality sucks,
>>but it's an interesting look into the past nonetheless.

and Lori K. asked:
>I've never heard of this collection.  Do you know where it might be
>available?  What about any recordings of the whole show?

   I dug this one out last night. It is Kate's usual players, but it
wasn't the KT Bush band as such.

   Here's the track list for this compilation:

The Wedding List                 (from The Prince's Trust Rock Gala)
The Man With The Child In His Eyes (from Saturday Night Live)
Them Heavy People                  (from Saturday Night Live)
Them Heavy People                  (the one in question.)*1
Babooshaka                         (French TV. Winter scenes.) *2
Suspended In Gaffa                 (French TV. Very bad quality) *3
December Will Be Magic Again       (Snowtime Special)
Babooshka                          (Dr. Hook special. Split face
Interviewed by pinheads             version. God these guys are
Delius                              *complete* morons.)
Part of Babooshka video            (A kids show, and amazingly
Interview on "Razzamatazz"          one of the better interviews
Bit of Sat In Your Lap video        around. Fairly common.)
British Rock and Pop Awards        (Kate winning Best female and giving
   "     "    "   "    "            Gary Numan best male award.)
Wow                                (Purple dress version)
Them Heavy People                  (Video)
Delia Smith's Cookery Course       (Better quality than usual.)
Russell Harty                      (Interview about Delius.)
Army Dreamers                      (Video)
Breathing                          (Video)
Friday Night, Saturday Morning     (Interview by Dr. Desmond Morris.)
The Dreaming                       (Video)
The Old Grey Wistle Test           (Interview by the Twit Twins.)
There Goes a Tenner                (Top of The Pops.)
Music Box                          (RUTH-era record give-away.)
Countdown                          (HOL New York interview.)

*1   This one isn't in any of the usual collection sources. It's
definitely *not* from the pre-Kick period. And it's definitely not a
"pub" preformance. I'd say it's "Saturday Night At The Mill."

*2 & *3 Excellent quality versions of these exist, but only in B&W, due
to the difficulty in translating SECAM to PAL or NTSC. A good quality
SECAM copy is at the *top* of our want list. This would be a wonderful
addition to the next tape tree.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)