Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Track Order, Radio Ads, F.M. interview

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 11:50:16 -0800
Subject: Re: Track Order, Radio Ads, F.M. interview
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9311101823.AA19255@dlsun87.us.oracle.com> you write:
>Craig Heath writes:
>>> I very strongly suggest programming your CD player to play the songs in this
>>> [lyric sheet] sequence, ...
>>> This is so clearly the artist's intention that I'm not even going to take
>>> time to comment on it now...
>
>>I was trying not to post this, but this has pushed me over the edge.  I
>>vehemently disagree with this.
>
>count me as one who says that the lyric sheet sequence is correct.
>musically it works much better.  sorry, craig.

What nobody here seems to have realized is that the lyric sheet
for the cassette shows the songs in the SAME order as they come
on the album.  In other words, it's not the same order as the lyric
sheet for the CD.  It's not uncommon for lyrics to be scattered out
of order on a two-dimensional lyric sheet.  I'm thinking about the
Go-Go's first album as just one example.  If the cassette lyric sheet,
which is a simple strip, had the songs in a different order than the
album, then your argument that the album was "supposed" to be in
a different order could have some merit.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov