Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: kt bush band

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 23:25 MET
Subject: Re: kt bush band
To: woj@remus.rutgers.edu (the horizon you run to)
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

> uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel) sez:
> >What I always wonder, is there anyone on r.m.gaffa who has seen one of these
> >KT Bush Band pub appearances?
>
> dunno if anyone saw them live, but you can see at least one on video.
> one of the selections on the video bootleg, "the collection," is a pub
> performance of "them heavy people" by the KT bush band. quality sucks,
> but it's an interesting look into the past nonetheless.

Aaahhh... I don't think so. The video you refer to is probably the
one from the UK programme Revolver. That's a professional TV recording,
and I have it in two kinds of qualities. One is sucking, the other
is good to medium. It was (according to IED's The Garden) broadcast
on May 20, 1978. So it isn't a recording from the pub tour previous
to the The Kick Inside recording sessions.

The KT Bush Band actually did appear in quite a lot of the early TV
appearances of Kate, so this is not something THAT special. What
I was asking about was a real performance of 1976 or maybe early 1977.
It would be even more exciting than a complete (i.e. 23 track)
Hammersmith video on MTV or the sudden advent of the much rumoured
The Early Years album.

Of course I'm beyond hope that there is a recording of this, not to
say a video recording. I was just wondering if anyone here did SEE one
of these performances.

Bye,

Uli