Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: kt bush band

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 93 11:25 MET
Subject: Re: kt bush band
To: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

[The Collection:]

[...]
> Them Heavy People                  (the one in question.)*1
[...]
> *1   This one isn't in any of the usual collection sources. It's
> definitely *not* from the pre-Kick period. And it's definitely not a
> "pub" preformance. I'd say it's "Saturday Night At The Mill."

I thought of this one too. I'd guess that it is what IED calls the
Revolver programme:

[from GARDEN02]
    14. Them Heavy People: from the U.K. rock programme Revolver, May
20, 1978. Kate is dressed in black tie and tails. [Note: Peter
FitzGerald-Morris describes Kate's costume as that of a "Savoy
waiter".] This is remarkable for the wonderful strength of the KT Bush
Band's live accompaniment. Their performance is exceptionally powerful,
and comes across well despite the difficult circumstances of the
taping. (Naturally, Kate's performance is equally professional.)
Following an introduction by Peter Cook, Kate appears on a cramped
television stage in front of a small teen-aged audience, who proceed to
dance or shuffle about aimlessly while Kate and the band perform the
song. The camera operator seems to prefer the distracted and
self-absorbed faces of the adolescent spectators to the spectacle of
Kate herself. Nevertheless this is a truly exciting clip.

Bye,

Uli