Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The New

From: software.interspec@satalink.com (Software Interspec)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 93 13:17:00 -0640
Subject: The New
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu

[from KaTe interview]
>     She is oddly disparaging of albums like Lionheart and Never For
>Ever now and even then seemed keen to leave this phase behind, perhaps
>understandably -- she had been given two years to write the songs for
>The Kick Inside and, allegedly, four weeks to come up with Lionheart.

A lot of KaTe fanatics will probably snarl (I should know, I was one
from the The Kick Inside on), but this is my feeling too.  I *never*
listen to Lionheart any more, and only rarely get Never For Ever out.
Kate was somewhat disparaging of The Kick Inside, too, calling it
"juvenile, moon in june" stuff, but I still love this one, and I love
the later stuff too.  It's just MHO that Lionheart had no redeeming
qualities to it. Even in the depths of KaTe fanaticism, when Lionheart
first came out, I was somewhat disappointed with it, though of course I
repressed those dangerous thoughts. ;-)

ObDangerousThoughts: KaTe and I are the same age.  I used to dream of
going to the UK, introducing myself, and proposing marriage or some such
nonsense.  Lack of funds was probably the only thing that kept me sane.
:-)

Tom Biggs

 * SLMR 2.1a * A cult is a religion without political power.