Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate's Complex Behaviour...

From: Mike Mendelson <MJM@ZYLAB.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 01 Nov 93 14:02:15 EST
Subject: Kate's Complex Behaviour...
To: <Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

|    People have asked Kate, and the problem lies in the fact that the
|answer Kate gives depends on several factors:
|
|   Who's asking?
|   What else did they ask her?
|   Why do they want to know?
|   Where did they ask the question?
|   When did they ask her?
|
|   Kate is more outgoing with some interviewers than others;
|interviewers that she doesn't get along with get rote and rehearsed
|answers, rather than simply being told to piss off.
|   If an interviewer asks stupid questions, Kate isn't likely to
|bother giving smart answers.
|   Interviewers with preset agendas will probably get less forthcoming
|   Some interviews are one-on-one and personal, in a personal space
|like her dance studio or home. Others consist of a dozen reporters
|at once asking questions, in a time-honored technique called the
|"Mongolian Cluster F**K."
|   If the interview is shortly after the release of an album, she will
|be a bit more likely to answer directly. If she has already answered
|the question a dozen time, she has had practice, and has been forced
|to reduce a complex answer to a soundbite.

Everytime I read complicated descriptions like this from people
who seem to have spent their whole lives deciphering Kate Bush's
behaviour in varied social settings, I find it irresistibly stupifying
how darn *CLOSE* Kate's *complex* behaviour comes to imitating
the type of behaviour observed in regular, every day humans.
Simply FASCINATING!
-mjm