Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ROSE CRONICLES

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu (not just the size of a walnut)
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 93 17:33:41 EDT
Subject: Re: ROSE CRONICLES
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

garethb2@aol.com sez:
>I've heard the ROSE CRONICLES EP. It's got a few strong things on it and a
>few over-indulgent head scratchers.

opinion thirded. a positive review for this ep was posted on 4ad-l last
week which piqued my curiosity. last weekend, i gave it a quick listen
while poking around wesleyan's radio station. while it had a few intri-
guing bits to it, nothing really grabbed you on the first listen - how-
ever, i suspect that a few listens would bring one around. regardless, i
arranged for a friend in canada to send me a copy....

the final song features a didjeridu, though nothing really is prominent
in the mix - a kind of muddy, dark piece with samples (if i recall cor-
rectly).

_O_ woj@remus.rutgers.edu