Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Akiko Yano (sp?)

From: sozo@crl.mei.co.jp (Sozo YAMAMOTO)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1993 03:44:23 GMT
Subject: Re: Akiko Yano (sp?)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@puffin.crl.mei.co.jp (Swift News)

In article <1993Oct14.150415.1194@lehman.com> josh@phoenix.lehman.com (Josh Whitehouse) writes:

>So she is now going solo?  What is the name of the album?  I am
>curious about how it sounds and who worked with her on it.

She has been a solo artist for a long time.
Her first solo album "Japanese Girl", with members from Little Feat,
was released in late 1970s.
Now there are over 10 solo albums released in Japan (I don't know they are
on US market).
Recent session includes Pat Metheny's "Secret Story",
in which she sings in hardly distinguishable voice.

As memtioned, Akiko Yano has high-tone voice,
good at playing piano and composition,... somewhat similar to Kate.
Major difference is in that Akiko never dances.
Anyway, I like her music as well as Kate's.

 | Central Research Laboratories, Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. |
 +-- sozo@crl.mei.co.jp ---- Phone:+81-6-906-4849 --- FAX:+81-6-904-7252 --+
--
  O  $@;3K\(J $@AOB$(J < Sozo YAMAMOTO >                                 o
  \  $@>>2<EE4o;:6H(J($@3t(J) $@Cf1{8&5f=j(J  $@EE;R5!4o4pAC8&5f=j(J  $@Bh(J6$@8&5f<<(J  /