Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ROSE CRONICLES

From: dist41@carson.u.washington.edu (Gwen Garrison)
Date: 15 Oct 1993 22:21:43 GMT
Subject: Re: ROSE CRONICLES
To: rec-music-gaffa@cs.washington.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@news.u.washington.edu

In article <9310151438.tn70551@aol.com>,  <garethb2@aol.com> wrote:
>I've heard the ROSE CRONICLES EP. It's got a few strong things on it and a
>few over-indulgent head scratchers.

	That's the impression I got too, although I didn't get to listen
to a lot of it.  (I pretend to be a DJ at KZUU, WSU's radio station, and
am having the time of my life going through all the neat music in the
station.  I played a couple things off their album yesterday...)  I could
fall in love with it after a few more listens, but I'm not ready to run
out and buy it yet.

	Also, (obKaTe:) I've been meaning to post this before, but I
recently heard an amusing cover of Wuthering Heights.  The band name's
Finger, fronted by a male vocalist.  I've never heard the original
(heresy!) but the cover sounded... ummm.... entertaining.  The Cd is
called _Freedom_of_Choice_ and all the proceeds went to Planned
Parenthood.  It's entirely covers of early-eighties "New Wave" pop songs
as done by "today's bands."  Mostly it's pretty scary, but the fan who
must own every piece of KB material might be entertained (or appalled) by it.

	I don't have the CD with me, but if you want the label, etc.,
email me and I'll try to get back to you.  If someone else has already
brought this to your attention, I'm sorry.  Just flame me in email, not
on the net (I can't take public humiliation... :-))

		Drowning in netnews,

			Gwen