Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate comes to your Multiplex

From: nessus@twitch.mit.edu (nessus)
Date: 6 Oct 93 11:40:22
Subject: Re: Kate comes to your Multiplex
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <m0okSTX-000ilyC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu> chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:

   In article <9310051836.AA06340@bugs.TQS.COM> Steveo write:

   >There are not one, but TWO films playing with Kate References!
   >The first is "For Love Or Money", about a concierge!  (Quick, fill
   >in the blanks: "I'm the ______, chez moi, honey/ won't let you in

      The really strange bit is this: the original title of "For Love Or
   Money" was (I swear) "The Concierge." They must have figured that most
   people in Micheal J. Fox's audience wouldn't know what a "concierge" is.
   So maybe somebody in power is a Kate fan.

I don't get it--are you guys saying that just because a movie is
about a concierge that this is a Kate Bush reference?  Or is the line
from "Get Out of My House" actually used in some promotional material?
If not, get a clue!

  <nessus@mit.edu>