Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate comes to your Multiplex

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 93 11:36:06 PDT
Subject: Kate comes to your Multiplex
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Wow!

There are not one, but TWO films playing with Kate References!
The first is "For Love Or Money", about a concierge!  (Quick, fill in the
blanks:  "I'm the ______, chez moi, honey/ won't let you in _______________")
I have no idea if the film itself has any Kate References; I'm not going
to see it because I'm allergic to Michael J. Fox.

The other film (which I *HIGHLY* recommend):  The Joy Luck Club.  There is
a scene which will remind even the most casual of KateFans(tm) immediately
of the cover of Eat The Music.

On a different note, I *FINALLY* got Rubber Band Girl:  OK, so it's no
"Breathing"; it's a GREAT song to crank the stereo up to 11 and bounce
off the walls.  Score for The New Kate Album (latest rumor of release date:
Next June):  Great Songs:  Rubber Band Girl, Big Stripey Lie, Moments of
Pleasure
OK Songs:  Eat the Music, And So is Love.
It looks like we have a winner here, folks!

- Stev0 the ever-optimistic

Next Kate Poll:  Who is sexier, Kate Bush or Tammy Faye Bakker?