Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Besides Kate

From: Ottis <BOYD@unb.ca>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1993 17:30:28 GMT
Subject: Re: Besides Kate
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@unb.ca

This type of question came up in alt.fan.frank-zappa a few months
ago, with a twist: it was phrased as "what do you usually have in
you CD player besides FZ?" That was easily answered.  Now, my
problem here is that I have no Kate Bush on CD, and I hardly ever
listen to LPs anymore (the last three records I listened to WERE
Kate, though), which is why I'm desperately seeking the boxed set.
By the way, I want to thank those people who responded to my post
yesterday ... I now know what to look for, and that there is not a
new set out, just a re-release of the old one, which I will soon
have IhopeIhopeIhope.  Anyway, here is what I listen to besides
Kate.  Beyond the first two, no order of preference, so I'll go
alphabetically:

Frank Zappa        -- always at least one disc in the player
David Bowie        -- almost always ...

Lee Aaron; Aerosmith; A-Ha; Tori Amos; Louis Armstrong; Chet Atkins;
B-52's; Badfinger; Black Sabbath; Blue Oyster Cult; Boston; The Box;
The Cars; Eric Clapton; The Clash; Holly Cole Trio; Julee Cruise
(from Twin Peaks fame); The Cure; The Dead Milkmen; Decade of
Dreams; Depeche Mode; Dexy's Midnight Runners; Dire Straits; Annette
Ducharme; The Eagles; Duke Ellington; Marianne Faithful; Fine Youung
Cannibals; The Forgotten Rebels; Lennie Gallant; Stan Getz; Goddo;
Gross National Productions; The Guess Who; Guilt Parade; Heart; Jimi
Hendrix; Honeymoon Suite; Iron Maiden; Joe Jackson; Janis Joplin;
Rickie Lee Jones; Stanley Jordan; Moe Koffman; Led Zeppelin; Level
42; Mannfred Mann's Earth Band; Mannheim Steamroller; Bob Marley;
Branford Marsalis; Martika; Bobby McFerrin; Charles Mingus; Sinead
O'Connor; Mike Oldfield; OMD; The Payolas; Oscar Peterson; Pink
Floyd; the Plasmatics; The Pogues; Jean-Luc Ponty; The Pretenders;
Prince; The Pursuit of Happiness; Queen; Gerry Rafferty; Red Hot
Chili Peppers; Lou Reed; The Rolling Stones; Rush; (whoops) REM;
Saga; Satriani; S&G; Sinatra; Jane Siberry; Steely Dan; The Smiths;
The Sugarcubes; Ten CC; Travelling Wilburys; SRV; Stanley
Turrentine; Tears for Fears; Tom Waits; The Who; David Wilcox;
Gordon Lightfoot should go in here somewhere; Yes; Suzanne Vega; I
know I'm forgetting something and my alphabetizing is getting pretty
vague to say the least oh well you get the point.  -- Ottis