Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: "MICHAEL H. ALAIMO" <mha1@lehigh.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1993 11:02:49 -0400
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: mha1@ns1.cc.lehigh.edu (MICHAEL H. ALAIMO)
Subject: Info on Suddenly Tammy
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1993 15:02:43 GMT

I just picked up the Suddenly Tammy album after hearing a couple of tracks on
the radio.  It's wonderful.  It appears from the liner notes that they are
from Lancaster, PA.  Given that this is only an hour from where I am, I'm
surprised that I've never heard of them before.  Does anyone know anything
about this band?

Due to the female vocals and folky sound the inevitable 10K Maniacs
comparisons will be made.  However, with the minimalist (so to speak)
combination of piano/bass/drums I'd say that ST is quite different.  And they
don't sound like the *other* Lancaster, PA female vocal/folky thing, The
Innocence Mission.

Any Info would be greatly appreciated.
--

|  mike a - dept chem   |