Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Surely not Kate of all people?

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 93 13:08 CDT
Subject: Re: Surely not Kate of all people?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>[re: Kate's smoking ]
>
>>   Yep. The most recent information we have is that she smokes a brand
>>called "Silk Cut" (before that she smoked John Player Specials.)
>
>I recall reading in an interview (from around the time of TSW; was it the Q
>one?) that she tends to (a) smoke and (b) eat a lot of chocolate, while in
>the studio, but that the does stop between albums.  Can anyone corroborate
>this?

   She does diet and cut back on the chocolates when she goes out to
promote the album, but she smokes during some interviews. She has a
pack on the table in the "Profiles In Rock" interview, and responded
to |>oug's "Thank you for not smoking" T-Shirt by saying, (paraphrased)
"Oh damn, I really needed a fag [cigarette]." She is fairly careful
to avoid being photographed or videotaped smoking, and the "Kate Bush
On Tour" documentary, and "Musical Chairs" are the only footage of her
smoking. But she is addicted; there was a photo in _Homeground_ from
the making of the video for "Experiment IV" of Kate in full monster
make-up, smoking through a cigarette holder. A serious jones, I'd say.

   As far as claiming that she stops between albums...Kate, and everyone
else, lies sometimes.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)