Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Rubberband Music Is Love?

From: jsternbe@UTKVX.UTCC.UTK.EDU (Sternberg, James)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1993 17:52:00 GMT
Subject: Re: Rubberband Music Is Love?
News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.41
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@utkux1.utk.edu (USENET News System)

In article <m0oTyLS-000illC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu>, chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes...

>   I'll repeat the offer to create 16-bit versions. The 8-bits I made
>were at *11-khz* and the Sun format is *8-khz* so there may be some loss
>there.

Hello,

	I usually just lurk around here and post very occasionally (maybe once
or twice a year).  I would enjoy hearing better quality versions of these
songs, but if the original source is a tape (I assume it is a casette tape), I
do not think that the dynamic range is wide enough to worry about 16-bit
sampling.  If they could be resampled at 22 or 44 kHz so that the freqency
response was wider, I would be very interested in hearing them.

                                              -James Sternberg