Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Rubberband Music Is Love?

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 93 18:45 CDT
Subject: Re: Rubberband Music Is Love?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <25e52j$mch@mickey.cc.utexas.edu> you write:
>How about doing some sort of compression on the files, like zipping them or
>something?  They're awfully large.  And I have a 2400 baud dial-in to the
>net, so that sort of plays havoc with my wanting large files.  Last time

   Audio samples don't compress enough to make any difference. I
originally zipped (pkzip 2.04g) the sound files and gained less
than 20%. It didn't seem worth it, as not every platform has a
version of the latest PKZIP, and I wanted to spread this as widely
as possible. Sorry, but these files are as small as possible.

   14.4k modems are selling in the computer shopper for less than
$200 US. To play this game you will have to buy the right equipment.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)