Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTemas Wrap

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 93 19:54 CDT
Subject: Re: KaTemas Wrap
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <3cZ48B2w165w@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us> Richard writes:

>Has it already been over a week since KaTemas?  My how time flies!
>
>We'd like to thank everyone who came to our second annual KaTemas in
>Kolumbus.  Of course, as far as Gaffa readers go, that just means
>Lori K. who was kind enough to bring along some really spiffy KaTe
>goodies.  Her poster of Kate performing "Moving" from the Dutch fan
>club videos confirmed for me that, contrary to speculation here, the
>boots Tori Amos wears in the "Silent All These Years" video have very
>little in common with the boots Kate was wearing.  Certainly not enough
>to consider them a "reference" to the fan club video.

   No, no. The reference is to the "fetish shoes" Kate wore in the
_Die Efteling_ video to _Strange Phenomena_, not the thigh-high numbers
she wore in _Moving_. The poster in question was shot by John Bush
at Die Eftling (a TV appearance, not a "fan club" thing) and the poster
was one of a set sold on the tour. We have three, "Moving", "Lakeside"
and "Tour".

   Anyway, the shoes in question are mongo platforms with a kind-of
"reversed heel," wider at the bottom than the top. In the Kate video
this is best seen when Kate sings "...you pick up a paper, you read a
name..." wearing a red sequined tail coat.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)