Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tape Tree: Humble Apologies...

From: lazlo%triton.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: 13 Jul 1993 15:46:28 GMT
Subject: Re: Tape Tree: Humble Apologies...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

haldeman@mail.sas.upenn.edu (Gene Haldeman) writes:

> <sigh>  This is so silly.  It's amazing to me that people who have at
> least one very emotional, and very important thing in common (Kate
> Bush's music) are willing to spend so much of their time and energy at
> each other's throats, and then sullenly retreat to a position of "not on
> speaking terms."

With all due respect, Gene, people have a right to dislike each other.
They don't have to explain their reasons to you either, though Chris did a
pretty decent job of it a few posts up this thread.  If I disagree with
someone on a fundamental moral level, then I see absolutely no reason to
deal with that person.

> I may regret this, but I think you're both being childish and stubborn,
> and it don't make sense.

Yes, how *dare* their disagreements get in the way of you expanding your
Kate Bush collection!  Get on the stick, boys!  Make luvvy-duvvy so
everyone can get their video goodie-packets in time for Kate's B-day!
Smooches!

--
Lazlo (lazlo@triton.unm.edu)